Midterm Elections is set to be on May 13, 2019, one month and 17 days before Duterte’s 3rd Year presidency.
In the recent months, there were names that were speculated from surveys, expressed interests and even declared candidacies. Here are some of them, just to name a few:
- Magdalo Party-list Representative Gary Alejano
- Senator Bam Aquino
- Former Makabayan Representative Neri Colmenares
- Former CHR Commissioner Jose Manuel Diokno
- Former PNP Chief, now Bureau of Corrections Director Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa
- Former Senator Jinggoy Estrada
- Former Presidential Communications Asec. Mocha Uson
- Iloco Norte Gov. Imee Marcos
- Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales
- Ilocos Norte Rep. Rodolfo Fariñas
- TV Journalist Jiggy Manicad
…and many others.
Now, the public is awaiting for its Midterm Elections but the question remains: Who do you think will be seating in the midterm elections and will be in the Senate for 6 years starting June 30, 2019 to June 30, 2025?
We have decided to put up a poll just for you, our blog readers. We will let introduce to you the possible candidates for Senatorial elections with their brief background in the next coming weeks few months before the real Midterm Elections. Here are the rules:
1. Voting is open to the public and addressed to all Filipinos ages 18 years old and up (whether you are in the Philippines or as an Overseas Filipino Worker).
2. Unlike in the real, Midterm Elections where you are only allowed 1 vote, we will be allowing you to vote once every 24 hours in order to avoid biases.
3. You can vote as many senators as possible (but to a maximum of 12). If you have heard any potential candidate that you think would be possible to run for Senate, you can put it in others and choose only 11. It only means that, you have to select 11 from the list and then type the one remaining name in the Others section. [The name must be in its proper capslock position. e.g. Michael Catreda]
4. You can vote up until May 12, 2019 at 11:59pm, Manila Time so that we can see your possible and potential Top 12 senators.
VOTE WISELY and don’t forget to share the poll to your friends after you have voted.